cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

EETech Boot disk

I'm attempting to use an Emergency Boot disk for windows 10.  I'm using version 7.2.8 DE and same for the boot drive.  It loads the recovery but I get an error saying it can't detect the Drive encryption version.  then if I attempt to load xml key, I get an error, and try using token auth it says error reading disk sector.  I can use the same boot drive for win7 without issue.  This happens on the 3 win10 boxes we tested, and all 3 are not having an issue with DE that we can see.

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Re: EETech Boot disk

@DavidXcel Thank you for choosing McAfee Support Community

Can you let us know what exactly happened to the machine and why you are using DE Tool ?

Also can you check once that the tool created exactly based on BIOS of the affected machine ?

Also can you check whether Disk information details are available ? In case if this failed there is most likely chance that your HDD is corrupted.

The other alternative work around would be Winpe or EZEFI/EZMBR based on machine BIOS.

Was my reply helpful?If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos!

Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" in my reply and together we can help other members?

Regards
Subramanian B
McAfee Employee
Highlighted

Nothing happened to the system, we were testing the eetech boot stick.

Tried both UFIE and mbr

That fails as well, this was on numerous systems that are bootable and working.

tried both EZEFI/EXMBR and both failed as well.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

@DavidXcel can you send us the screenshot of the BIOS mode on the affected machine and also screenshot of the files in the USB stick used for booting.
Was my reply helpful?If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos!

Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" in my reply and together we can help other members?

Regards
Subramanian B
McAfee Employee
Highlighted

The bootdisk is for MBR, the ufei option has the efi folder  as well.

bootdiskbootdiskbootoptions.jpg

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Hi @DavidXcel ,

As per the screenshot for the bootable disk, I could see that you are trying to make a single pen drive for both EFI and Legacy MBR.

You would need to have separate the pen drive for EFI and Legacy MBR.

https://docs.mcafee.com/bundle/drive-encryption-v7-2-5-detech-product/resource/PD27694.pdf

Please follow page 33 on how to make a bootable disk for Legacy MBR,

mbr.JPG

Please follow page 35 on how to make a bootable disk for UEFI firmware machines,

uefi.JPG

Thank you.

Regards,
Jithendran S
McAfee Employee
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community