cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drives wont Encrypt

Jump to solution

I have seen several posts about the drives staying Inactive and the error I am also seeing in mfeepe.log but none seem to apply to me. 

MDE 7.29 - trying to deploy to machines with no TPM (Bitlocker being used on TPM machines to autounlock). It installs and asks to reboot but does nothing after.

Log shows ...

Unable to subscribe from data channel item EEADMIN_1000_AddDomainUsersRsp: Unexpected IPC error. Please ensure MA/POINT Product service is running.

The rest of the errors right after it are "unsubscribe" from data channel errors.  

This is on a closed network. so Getting logs to post here will be challenging if they are needed. I have been unsuccessful to get any drives to encrypt with MDE.  They all sit at Inactive. and No Volume Information

I was just trying to look at logs on the EPO server and noticed I cant get into c:\programdata\mcafee\agent\datachannel.  I cant take owner ro change permissions on it to see what in there.

Thanks, Jim

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Drives wont Encrypt

Jump to solution

I opened a ticket with support

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @Trymelatr ,

Thank you for writing in here.

Post restart after installing MDE, and If you have ALDU option enabled in the MDE Product Settings policy then, MDE sends an event to epo where epo needs to parse it, then assign the correct policy based on ldap lookup for the user. 

That can break down in several ways.  The most common is that the agent fails to send the event through the datachannel (masvc.log will show that), or the event is sent and there are possible issues on the server side with either datachannel or failure to do an ldap lookup for the user.  The server log on the epo server or agent handler would be the one to check for those things. 

Kindly make sure that you have LDAP server Registered under EPO Menu -> Registered Servers and then from Server Tasks run the Ldap Sync task and wait for it to be completed.

If you are not using ALDU then you would need to assign the LDAP users manually from the EPO to these machines from EPO Menu -> Encryption Users section. 

If you have the above settings configured then if the issue is possibly on the EPO server side where the Datachannel failure is happening, you can try restarting the EPO services and then try to enforce the policies from the McAfee Agent status again for a single machine to check if it completes the policy enforcement cycle.

Try clicking on Check New Policies -> Enforce policies -> Collect and Send Props -> Send Events -> Collect and Send Props Again -> Send events and -> Collect and Send props again. This would for the policy enforcement to be completed.

Thank you

Regards,
Jithendran S
McAfee Employee
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I do have ALDU enable in th epolicy as well as manually assigning myself to the computer in Encrpytion Users.

I do not see anything that stands out in masvc.log but to be honest...I am not sure if I would spot it. Im not sure what to look for.  I see some messages...

"Warning: Broker information is not avaioable, rc<1>"

msgbus.Error: Connection Failed

msgbus.Error:UV Connect Failed - uv error ,34. ,no such file or directory>

http_server.info: error parsing http request:<HPE_INVALID_METHOD>

A google search on those didnt return anything useful to my situation.

I do have an LDAP server registered and its syncing fine otherwise.

Thanks,

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 4 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @Trymelatr ,

You can try restarting the EPO services or You can raise a support case with McAfee Support if issue still persists so that McAfee Support can assist you in here.

Thank you.

Regards,
Jithendran S
McAfee Employee
Highlighted

Jump to solution

I opened a ticket with support

View solution in original post

Highlighted
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 6 of 6

Jump to solution

Hi @Trymelatr ,

Thank you for the update.

Just wanted to know if the issue stands resolved and if you had got any solutions on this.

Regards,
Jithendran S
McAfee Employee
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community