cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drive Encryption will not activate on Windows 11 system

Hi McAfee Encryption team. I have two Windows 11 systems that will not activate their encryption. I tried removing and reinstalling DE, using PRT to remove everything from the system and start over with a slightly older agent version and only DE installed afterwards, and still to no avail. The system was rebooted after DE installed, but we see Activation failure events in ePO. Please find attached the EPE log file, I am getting the MER from the system (CZ01W982) now also and will upload it to the ticket once I have it. Please review the attached files and let me know if I am doing something wrong with this system. Thanks, Adam
1 Reply
cross
McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Drive Encryption will not activate on Windows 11 system

I'm not seeing any attachments here.  If you want to try attachment again, we can certainly take a look at it here but I am not inclined to recommend attaching environment data here.  If you do proceed though, I would advise scrubbing the log file to remove anything you may not want to be seen by any/all in a forum like user names, domain names, etc.  If you have opened an SR (sounds like you may have), we'll be taking a look at it and correspondence will be done more specifically in that SR.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community