cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drive Encryption Update Question

Jump to solution

What is the correct switch to use to suppress the reboot prompt after an update for Drive Encryption completes? In my testing, I've seen a dialog box that has a 60sec countdown that will close on its own after the countdown is complete. Then I will see a smaller dialog box appear on the lower right corner of the desktop with a YES/NO choice for rebooting. It seems the update forces a reboot no matter what, but will the NOREBOOT switch work best for this in the client task command line? Or should I use norestart? I've been looking for a list of available switches and haven't seen anything other than mentions of using NOREBOOT. I am updating to version 7.2.1.16 since I have older DE client versions.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Reliable Contributor ninov_n
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 5

Re: Drive Encryption Update Question

Jump to solution

It should have the slash symbol in front as per the guide "/norestart" since it is separate argument.

In case above information was useful or answered your question, please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give a Kudo. Thanks!
Nino
4 Replies
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Jump to solution

Hello

The correct swith is NORESTART as per this article:

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB79786&actp=LIST

In case above information was useful or answered your question, please select "Accept as Solution" in my reply, or give a Kudo. Thanks!
Nino

Jump to solution

One other question regarding this - I have a client task setup for the update and I have now entered NORESTART in the Command Line box. Is the forward slash required still or is it assumed?

NoRestart.JPG

Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Jump to solution

It should have the slash symbol in front as per the guide "/norestart" since it is separate argument.

Nino

Jump to solution

Gotcha. Thank you for the clarification!

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community