Did you mean: 
JLDT
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Drive Encryption Reboot message

Jump to solution

Hello,

I have the same question than the one here : https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Encryption-PC-and-Mac/Drive-Encryption-Update-Question/m-p/618715/hi... so i have post  a reply in this thread. But as it is tagged as solved, it seems the message is not displayed, so i post my question in a new thread.

Is it possible to configure the ePO client task to install Drive Encryption without prompting for a restart ? I've tried the /norestart, NORESTART, NORESTART=True but it is not working so far.

Our production team doesn't want to prompt user with this message so they are asking us. But after several test, i haven't found the configuration. Do you have any idea ?

Regards,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
jsubbura McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: Drive Encryption Reboot message

Jump to solution

Hi @JLDT ,

Thank you for writing in here.

MDE usually do not restart the machine automatically on product installation, just a restart required command is sent to McAfee Agent and McAfee Agent prompts the user for a machine restart by so and so product. But for MDE to start working a restart is mandatory.

In the community thread which you have mentioned in the description there is a article which is mentioned, below is the article,

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB79786&actp=LIST&_ga=2.146457460.1743162215.1...

This article is for manual installation of MDE over a command line.

In your case you are deploying from EPO over a client task, where the deployment is happening using the McAfee Agent. So you can disable the restart prompt from the McAfee Agent -> General Policy as below,

agent restart.PNG

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thank you

Regards,
Jithendran S
McAfee Employee

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
jsubbura McAfee Employee
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Jump to solution

Hi @JLDT ,

Thank you for writing in here.

MDE usually do not restart the machine automatically on product installation, just a restart required command is sent to McAfee Agent and McAfee Agent prompts the user for a machine restart by so and so product. But for MDE to start working a restart is mandatory.

In the community thread which you have mentioned in the description there is a article which is mentioned, below is the article,

https://kc.mcafee.com/corporate/index?page=content&id=KB79786&actp=LIST&_ga=2.146457460.1743162215.1...

This article is for manual installation of MDE over a command line.

In your case you are deploying from EPO over a client task, where the deployment is happening using the McAfee Agent. So you can disable the restart prompt from the McAfee Agent -> General Policy as below,

agent restart.PNG

Was my reply helpful?
If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos! Also, Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" if this reply resolves your query!

Thank you

Regards,
Jithendran S
McAfee Employee

View solution in original post

JLDT
Level 8
Message 3 of 3

Jump to solution
Hello,
Thanks for your feedback. It works as we want.
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community