Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Huff
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Dell e7270 login box fills with gibberish

I work L2 Support at a large corporate environment. We recently have made McAfee encryption a standard here. In two instances, on the same type of laptop, the Dell e7270, upon start-up, the login box fills with gibberish.

McAfee successfully encrypted the drive and within Win 7 all seems fine. No errors while logged in. Only upon start-up.

As the box fills with gibberish, one tries to delete the text. Can't select all and delete. Can't backspace or delete. Have to use left arrow, then delete.

Can't use mouse or hundredsof gibberish characters appear in text box. Have to use TAB to jump between selections, then press Enter.

So, I was able to log into computer but with great difficulty.

2 Replies
PhilR
Level 12
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

Re: Dell e7270 login box fills with gibberish

Which version of drive encryption?

This issue should have been fixed in one of the 7.2.x releases, if I recall correctly.
Highlighted

Re: Dell e7270 login box fills with gibberish

We had the same issue on Dell 5000 series Latitudes that was corrected by that update.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community