cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Perform Challenge/Response Recovery After Transfer To New ePO Server

I have two ePO environments running, A and B.  Both are running 5.10 Update 3.  I migrated systems from A to B by deploying the framepkg from B.  I enabled Drive Encryption system transfer using the webAPI per PD27693. 

I have a particular client that after migrating to server B needed a recovery operation (user forgot DE password).  I entered the challenge code into the console on server B, and user recovery is greyed out and machine recovery says "No recovery keys found for this machine! "  So I end going back to server A and could perform the recovery from there.

What I don't understand is that this particular client was clearly communicating with server B.  The encryption user list was present and appeared to be valid.  I could also perform an export recovery information operation from the system tree but the challenge response failed, almost like it never transferred its keys to the new server.  The DE: Client system transfer failure  indicates None on both server A and server B.  And the DE: Systems reporting a failed ePO system transfer report on server B shows that none of my ~500 DE clients failed.

Now we have successfully performed recovery of systems that were transferred from A to B but my concern is we have no way of knowing what other machines may have the same problem as this one.  We don't want to keep server A around any longer than necessary.  Any ideas of what might be happening here and how we might go about troubleshooting?

Thanks

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community