Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JKdc
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 2

Autologin not working with autoboot devices

We have several autologin devices that use a 3rd party credential provider, Imprivata, which handles the logins. These devices are working fine with DE 7.2.10.56 installed and in the decrypted policy. As soon as they are switched to an encryption policy, the Windows autologin fails and it stops at the Windows login GINA instead of the 3rd party. I've tried duplicating the policy settings of the decrypt policy, and also different combinations of DE 3rd part CP settings without success. If I manually sign in to the windows account, then everything from there going forward works as expected.
1 Reply
JKdc
Level 9
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 2

Re: Autologin not working with autoboot devices

I'm moving this over to a service request.

We found out this was also impacting our non-3rd party CP devices (just Windows-based). Using bits from McAfee documentation and the vendor, I ended up finding that renaming the MfeEpeCredentialProvider in the registry fixes this issue. The autologins are able to sign in automatically for both Windows and 3rd party CP devices.

I'm not sure why this works, nor what it could possibly break in the future.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community