I recently upgraded a Windows XP machine from 4.2 to 5.1.7. The upgrade went well and everything appears to be working but the log file shows the following error
2/11/2009 3:32:08 PM Transferring local audit information to database 2/11/2009 3:32:17 PM Checking for file updates 2/11/2009 3:32:30 PM Removing file "C:\Program Files\SafeBoot\SBNP.dll" 2/11/2009 3:32:31 PM Error [e0130006]: Error opening file 2/11/2009 3:32:55 PM Applying configuration 2/11/2009 3:33:11 PM Synchronization complete 2/11/2009 3:33:11 PM Automatically synchronizing again in 60 minute(s) 2/11/2009 3:33:14 PM Applying cryption changes
There was a file sbnp.dll that was still a 4.2 file left over in the following folder and I deleted it. I verified the 5.1.7 version is under C:\windows\system32, but the error still remains everytime the system syncs. anyone seen this before?
I fixed it, I went to the regsitry and looked for the dll name. I found a couple of locations in the regsitry that was still pointing to c:\program files\safeboot and deleted them. Next sync the error went away
Thanks for the tip. I think I will do all three, edit the .lst file, delete the old dll and delete the old reg keys. Just a question, do you know if the SBFILE41.LST is even needed? I noticed it on a new install of 5.17 that has never had 42 version installed, or maybe im just thinking that the SBFILE41.LST is for the old 42 client and its not.
Deleting a file that's under management will cause this issue - you should remove the file group containing it. Deleting it, then hacking our LST files is a double negative which will solve the problem.
So, the (official) solution would be to have the file removed by virtue of removing the file group containing it, thus forcing the clean up as it goes.
For "official" and "professional" support (notice the smiley this time please), please use McAfee Technical Support services - this forum is contributed to by people (like me) on their own personal time and is not sanctioned or monitored by McAfee. happy
Ok, I found the easiest way to do this is to make sure you unload the sbnp.dll prior to upgrading to V517. Remove the checkbox for NP Password change from fileset for your Safeboot 4.2 conainer. Sync the device and it will say it removed that item. Now when you upgrade to V517 you will not have any problems. From what I remember the sbnp.dll handles password intercept when a user changes their windows password by hitting crtl-alt-delete and selecting Change password option.