Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOM2010
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

migrating from EEM to ePO

Jump to solution

The McAFee Endpoint Encryption v6 Product Guide, pg 9 Installing the EEPC Client states " CAUTION: Ensure that any competitor's encryption products are removed including previous versions of McAfee Endpoint Encryption for PC from the client system before installing EEPC V6.  Also, avoid installing any other encryption products after installing EEPC V6.

Ok, I totally get the note about competitors products before and after - but can someone please tell me I do not REALLY have to remove EEPC v5.1.8 from every client machine we currenly have encrypted before I can install V6.   I've re-red this a hundred times and it keeps saying the same thing.

thanks,

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: migrating from EEM to ePO

Jump to solution

It clearly states in the Documents/en-us/readme.html

Known Issues

Known issues in this release of EEPC v6 are listed below:

• Migration or upgrade from 5.2 is not supported with this release.
  • When a system or all the users assigned to a system are removed in ePO, the client users will not have any user accounts to authenticate the pre-boot authentication page. As a result, the client system is locked. It is the responsibility of the administrator to be aware of this warning while managing the user accounts in ePO.
  • etc...

On the bright side that indicates that in a future release that an upgrade utility will be available.

3 Replies

Jump to solution

It clearly states in the Documents/en-us/readme.html

Known Issues

Known issues in this release of EEPC v6 are listed below:

• Migration or upgrade from 5.2 is not supported with this release.
  • When a system or all the users assigned to a system are removed in ePO, the client users will not have any user accounts to authenticate the pre-boot authentication page. As a result, the client system is locked. It is the responsibility of the administrator to be aware of this warning while managing the user accounts in ePO.
  • etc...

On the bright side that indicates that in a future release that an upgrade utility will be available.

SOM2010
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 4

Jump to solution

thanks.  I never finished reading all the docs about v6.  So, basically my boss is going to love this one.

Highlighted

Jump to solution

Not exactly news. Last October, McAfee told us that EEM 6.0 was for new installs only (no upgrade path), and that we'd have to wait for EEM 6.1, which WOULD have the upgrade path.

Last I heard, 6.1 is slated for mid-2010.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community