cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: external hdd with endpoint encryption needs to be read

Jump to solution

Being in a corperate environment, I can see the concern with handing you such powerful tools.  I am surprised you managed to get the code of the day.  I thought that was a limited resource, unless you are IT.  Now, if you are being told that they are not willing to attempt recovery, this is something you should present to your management to decide the next course of action.  It is potentially time consuming and they will need to evaluate whether the cost of the time justifies the cost of the data loss.  We've given you enough so far to suggest that recovery still is a viable option.  Someone in your organization has the access to the information you require.  It's a built-in function of the EEPC service.

coconut
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 14

Jump to solution

Well my internal organisation says no - therefore we have backup - But as normal in live - the needed files are not backuped.

The disk is not booting anymore - i cannot use any hdd tools because the disk is encrypted ....

so I am locked up ... and I am not so important to get this requested info ...

Thanks for your help anyway.

coconut
Level 7
Message 13 of 14

Jump to solution

ok guys next try. I have now a new bootable cd and tried the defective disk - but did not manage to get access to

then tried to use it on the new one and encrypted disk, and even with this known good - i am not able to log onto ?

Is this correct ? I thought i could connect to with my credentials - but it did not work - so without the key from the database from my it department nothing will be possible ?

Best regards and merry christmas to all

Coconut

SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 14 of 14

Jump to solution

exactly - you need the key from your IT department to decrypt the drive.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community