Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

doesnt hold local self recovery answers

:mad:

MEE version 5.1.7.0

Problem occurs on sony vaio vgn-tz31mn

Worth noting the disc had hidden partitions before a format

Unable to retain local self recovery answers

Basically I go through the process of setting up the user. Changing the password and they answer the security questions for local recovery. I synchronise and the audit logs for the user and machine say “registered for local self recovery”. When user restarts it prompts for security questions to be answered again. I have tested with several user accounts and its always the same problem. It accepts the password change but “forgets” that you’ve updated the local recovery data

I don’t know where to start figuring out if it’s a problem with the local machine, the server or me. I have deployed this to 30+ machines so far with no problems

Have tried googling and looking through the forums but couldnt find any hints

The one major difference is this is a Vaio and in typical fashion the managing directors so a solution is paramount
5 Replies
mwilke
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 6

RE: doesnt hold local self recovery answers

Does the local recovery work on other users assigned to this machine? If so i would try deleting this guys user account from the MEE server and then sync the machine to remove it from the local DB.

Then i would re-create the account and sync and see if it keeps the info the second go round.
mrgui
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 6

Version 5.1.7 has a bug that it always reports "registered for local self recovery". If this is the just an issue of falsely reporting the registration, it is fixed in 5.1.8 (and newer).

Have tried different users

Will update and see if that works

I can only find v 5701

is this a higher version

Thats fixed it

Cheers:)
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community