Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor DLarson
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 18

Re: creating custom reports and extracting data

Jump to solution

I think 1 & 2 would be solved by our import and export policy feature. I see the need for an enhancement though; we'd need to "check for policy deviation" globally. I know that ePO is much better at that with its "break inheritance" feature, so my gut tells me that we won't build it for v5. We'll tell you to move to v6 when the migration tool is released next summer.

For 3, you should focus on db performance. You can allow a ton of concurrent connections, but they only work if the db is serving up info fast enough. Make sure indexing is enabled, check your AV settings, and give the server as much disk I/O as possible.

ChrisH
Level 7
Message 12 of 18

Jump to solution

OK I have tried running the scripts, and I have found ways of extracting some useful data, however I need to extract a specific bit of user information, in the user defined labels, I need to extract the information from a specific field along with the user ID.

EG user A.N. Other, Dept and user defined field 2

I have tried various commands, but I havnt hit upon the correct one yet.

any suggestions for the correct command I have tried -commandgetuserdefinedlabe:2 (the number of the field in question) and return bad syntax

Message was edited by: ChrisH on 11/23/09 7:38 AM

Jump to solution

There is "UpdateUserCfg", but no "GetUserCfg". So I don't think it is possible.

Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Message 14 of 18

Jump to solution

you can get this info from the "GetRecoveryResponseCode" command - it's used as part of an automation of a recovery event.

ChrisH
Level 7
Message 15 of 18

Jump to solution

Thanks for the tip can I confirm the correct command line required to produce the text file for all users in all groups?

sbadmcl -adminuser:xxxxx -adminpwd:xxxxx -command:GetRecoveryResponseCode -group:* -file:user_details.txt

Also is there is there a list of all the correct switches to use as this would make the job a lot easier.

Message was edited by: ChrisH on 11/24/09 1:33 AM

Jump to solution

How would you generate proper challenge codes offline for this script to work?

It seems that there is no direct way to select user or machine, only through challenge codes.

ChrisH
Level 7
Message 17 of 18

Jump to solution

we need this information for auditing perposes, one of our user defined fields is for example dept, so we can control licencing cost by dept, also users etc, if we can extract this data from the users fields, we can control how many licences each dept hold etc and charge as and when they reach the amount they have purchased from our stock. also we can control how many users each dept has so we know if any addition user licenceing is needed,

I have looked at the reporting tool and cannot find this so if there is a way of extracting the following

group, username , field x to a text file we can run it as a task for auditing

Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Message 18 of 18

Jump to solution

no, there is no way using the current API's to get that information.

McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.