cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zn
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 12

compatibility issues of an Asus EEEPC (1005ha) - 0xe0050045 unable to read data store object attribute

Has anyone else got one of these encrypted and working?

We have an Asus EEEPC 1005ha model  which has issue with encryption rendering it unusable. I ve tried all manner of  file group combinations and was able to get it to boot through authentication  with the following enabled

exclude sector 59

update MBR for endpoint

update  number of sides

machine options for always enable preboot usb and boot compatibility tried in all combinations

with the bios setting on the sata controller to compatible

with v5.2.1 and after upgrading to 5.2.5 it is still the same

Best situation I've managed is all the above enabled I can login with a user whose password is current, If I use a  user who needs to change their password at login I get an unable to read object  datastore attribute error (0xe0050045 unable to read data store object attribute) after a delay

If I cancel to te login to attempt  recovery the pre-boot os hangs then displays 0xe0050045 unable to read data store object attribute

this system as a 160 sata hdd but the device packaging also states 10gb SSD storage although I can't see that in disk manager in XP.

11 Replies
zn
Level 7
Message 2 of 12

Re: compatibility issues of an Asus EEEPC (1005ha) - 0xe0050045 unable to read data store object attribute

just seen KB68037, this device has a seagate hdd but no bios options like the lenovo 😞

Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 12

Re: compatibility issues of an Asus EEEPC (1005ha) - 0xe0050045 unable to read data store object attribute

Does this version have the "bios boost" option? If so that needs to be disabled. You also need to install EEPC in "OS Install" mode AFAIR.

zn
Level 7
Message 4 of 12

The bios option "Boot Booster" is disabled

What is "OS Install" mode for eepc installation, don't think I've come across this?

Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 12

It's an Asus bios option I came across once - if it was off, it was impossible to get EEPC to activate. It may only be in the older models though.

zn
Level 7
Message 6 of 12

This option says it just boosts bios post speed and I've tried it off and on.

What about OS Install mode, what does that mean?

Reliable Contributor
Message 7 of 12

you are asking me what Asus BIOS options are for? Not sure I'm qualified to answer?

zn
Level 7
Message 8 of 12

In your first reply you said

"You also need to install EEPC in "OS Install" mode AFAIR."

I am asking what that means because I am unfamiliar with the term "os install" mode in relation to the installation of EEPC.

Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 12

as I said, OS Install mode is an ASUS BIOS option...

It's an Asus bios option I came across once 

on 10/6/10 10:17:40 AM EDT
zn
Level 7
Message 10 of 12

:doh: I thought it was something to do with EEPC

I have eepc and the pre-boot activated to a point, it is just flakey and only works when the users password doesn't need to be changed

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community