cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

booting error

Jump to solution

my pc install ee 5.x , normally when booting the device there would be the login and I just enter 6 digits number then OS boot. but now there is no login for me to enter the 6 digits number, it's just black and blank screen.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 10

Re: booting error

Jump to solution

You need to contact your company IT support desk - this is not something you can repair on your own.

9 Replies
Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 10

Jump to solution

Moved to Business > Encryption: EEM Managed as hopefully a better spot for this to get answers.

---

Peter

Reliable Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Jump to solution

You need to contact your company IT support desk - this is not something you can repair on your own.

Jump to solution

I use tool to recover file "EaseUS" and I got the folder like this. Do you have any idea about this ?. Is it because the EEPC MBR was corrupted ?.  I already asked IT but they said they did not have SDB file or keys file.

recovery_sb.PNG

Jump to solution

now at my office they not use EEPC anymore they change to Bitlocker. I am not sure they safe the SDB file for my computer/me or not.

Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Jump to solution

Without the SDB file, your data cannot be recovered.

Jump to solution

could you give me an example of the SDB file ?. So, I can guide my IT team to look into their database information. Is it a  file in XML format ? Or it is a group of file. Is it a plain text or it is encrypted file ? If it's possible please send the example file to my email address here tanagool.yenjai@hpe.com

Best Regards,

Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 10

Jump to solution

The SDB file is created from the SafeBoot Administration Console of your company - it doesn't exist as a file until they create it. It's binary data. It's unique to your machine, no other SDB file will work.

Jump to solution

Ok I will try to tell them to create one for my machine. thanks you very much for your information.

Reliable Contributor exbrit
Reliable Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Jump to solution

tanagool wrote:

Ok I will try to tell them to create one for my machine. thanks you very much for your information.

You might want to ask them if they had already created one.