Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rbdudani
Level 11
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 23

Re: Wintech decryption: Authentification from Database is not working ?!

in wintech , which BART PE environment

there is tool A43 File Manegement utility

for me its

Go > Program > A43 File management utility

Ah ok, found it. But no, I connot see any data. Should I?

For Data Recovery in future that would be great, if I could access the HDD´s with Wintech and with the A43 Tool.

@Peter

No such tools. Our Image is containing XP, Office, and some Vodafone and Blackberry Tools. We also do not have any Backup or Partition software installed. In this case I´m also wondering a bit. On most machines the C Partitions are always starting on sector 63.

Now I have entered the command "Remove Safeboot" again. Nothing is happening. He just shows the message "Safeboot removal process started. Opening Disk Manager".

Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Message 13 of 23

are you sure you're using the right machine export? You should compare the object ID's from the disk info screen with the object ID you are exporting. If the test decrypt does not work, then it's most likely not the right SDB file, though of course someone could have totally corrupted the drive before you got to it.

I would agree with you, would it be possible to decrypt the first Sector with the authentification from SBFS on HDD 2. I could log on in that case without any config. file, but I could not decrypt the first sector. That in fact is confusing me that much. I tried the same ( exported a config file ) on a healthy machine and it worked perfectly.

Is it possible, to damage Safeboot on a Client that much, that you cannot decrypt anything on that disc?

At the moment the only explanation for this problem for myself is, that both HDD´s are damaged. It can read some data, but not correctly - or Safeboot is damaged.

rbdudani
Level 11
Message 15 of 23

Simon : I guess he is authenticating from SBFS.

Yes, for HDD2 it is possible to authenticate from SBFS and decrypt the sector and check

one question

When you checked for data in A43 Utility

You were authenticated ? not than authenticate and Mount drive from Disk menu than come to A43

Are you able to see drive letters ?

On HDD 2 I tried to:

Authenticate via SBFS  -- > Success

( He informed me, that the password will expire in 6 days )

Mount Drive  -- > Success

He showed me drive C and D to choose.

No matter which Drive I choose, A43 shows me a Drive C, which is empty and 0 Bytes. He shows me the same like without doing anything.

Reliable Contributor
Message 17 of 23

What version of WinTech are you using?

I considering to force the decryption on that drive ( HDD2 ). What do you guys think? Thiss HDD is not very important. If I loose the data, i will survive.

HDD1 is different and seems to be more damaged.

I have cloned HDD 1 with Acronis. Simon, do you know if that works, if I clone a HDD sector by sector and try to decrypt the clone? I mean I tried it already one time, but what else can I do ??? I´m absolutely sure hat the config file is the right one. The computer names are unique in our company and we are keeping a list of all our hardware.

Reliable Contributor
Message 19 of 23

for a start, I would get a later version of WinTech - that one is years old. But yes, if you can find a valid key, by all means try and decrypt a clone. It's finding the right key you seem to be struggling with.

I know I keep asking - but I don't believe you replied - did you make SURE the ID matched between the disk info and the database export?

HDD 2 is 100% the right ID

HDD1 is not possible to get the disc info, so I cannot confirm it.

I will now try to decrypt HDD2 and keep you informed. I just hope it will not take 3 days like last time.

Can I download Wintech from somewhere?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community