Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lsemun
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 11

Windows corrupted, need to recover data from hard disk

Hi,

I have Safeboot installed in my laptop, now the Windows is corrupted and I had removed the SATA hard disk and put it to the SATA connector. However I can see the partition but I CANT access it. Every time I try to access it, it will prompt "The disk in drive X is not formatted".

Is there a way to copy out the data?

Appreciate assistance. Thanks.

10 Replies
Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Re: Windows corrupted, need to recover data from hard disk

The drive is encrypted so no, you won't be able to slave it and access it without additional help - the best thing to do would be to contact your company IT department and ask them to help you recover the data. You can't recover the data without their assistance.

lsemun
Level 7
Message 3 of 11

Hi Safeboot,

I had contacted them few days ago and was facing some issues. Right now they will try to use Wintech boot disk to decrypt the data.

Thanks.

lsemun
Level 7
Message 4 of 11

Hi Safeboot,

According to the IT helpdesk, the laptop hard disk is corrupted. They cant save the data and they had reformatted it. After reformatting the safeboot installed drive, is there any way to recover some of the data by using those common Data Recovery Software such as http://www.transfer-iphone-recovery.com/recover-lost-data-from-hard-drive.html ?

Thanks.

akill
Level 9
Message 5 of 11

You Cannot cause the drive is encripted

you can try using eetech boot CD to try to rescue your disk

mikes54
Level 7
Message 6 of 11

Good morning SafeBoot, I have the same issue, except when I try to run the decrypt with the SafeTech CD I get this error E002001A.  I also cannot access the drive with the file explorer.  Under disk information I have (error=e002000a) Crypt list - region count=0.  I have the keys and information to Authorize and Authenticate the disc, but after that I cant get anything to work.  Can you help in manually decrypting the drive so I can recover this information?  Thanks for your help.

As to recover lost data from hard disk, you can try this Data Recovery, which is able to restore more than 500 types of files from hard disk, as long as the files are not overwritten by new data, you can use this tool to restore them. See more details here: iPhone Data Recovery, Android Data Recovery, Mobile Transfer

Highlighted

I've run into a similar situation. I'm troubleshooting an encrypted hard drive for an end user working out of a remote office. The drive will no longer boot to the McAfee Encryption partition, but when I mount the drive I still see the encrypted partition. We sent the drive off to the user's IT department, but they say they can't recover the data because the drive will no longer boot to that partition. Is there no way to mount the drive an unencrypt it using the SafeTech CD?

Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Message 9 of 11

Yes, the IT dept can decrypt it using SafeTech or the more modern tools if they have the key to the drive.

you cant recover the data without the key though.

Thanks, I'll pass that along!

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator