cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 9

What is the "Send support Information" for in the MEE tray icon?

Why do I get an error if I select "Send support information" from the MEE tray icon? When I select it I get the following message "a SbClientSupportInfoPlugin message is displayed stating "Error creating cabinet file."
8 Replies
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 9

RE: What is the "Send support Information" for in the MEE tray icon?

it tries to create an email with a bunch of support info for us. Don't use it unless you are told to by our support teams wink
Highlighted

btw could it be hidden? users are asking whats the purpose ... usually they think that it will send some kind of info to our it support dep happy
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 9

no sorry, it's not possible to disable it.
Highlighted
Level 7
Message 5 of 9

Can we use this forum thread to as a product enhancement request? I too would like to remove/hide the "Send support information" option.

Along those same lines, would it be too difficult for them to make the default action of the systray icon be configurable? I would like to be able to set a double-click to "Show status", instead of lock workstation.
Highlighted
Level 7
Message 6 of 9

I have a feature request for the send support information function to allow the email address to be changed so I could have it send either to myself or to level 1 support. I have used this information before when I needed to confirm machine ID and user ID's and consider it helpful.
Highlighted

When I hit this, it opens up a new email and attaches the CAB with the files, but TO: is left blank so that a user could fill in the proper recipient - is this not happening for you?
Highlighted
Level 7
Message 8 of 9

It depends on the mail client. Outlook Express has 'support@safeboot.com' filled in. Outlook may do the same. Notes has the field empty.
Highlighted
Level 7
Message 9 of 9

Remove the SbClientSupportInfoPlugin.dll from the file set in order to remove the "Send support information" option. I was told so by the support staff a long time ago and it removes the option as requested in our environment, but please check with your support consultant before trying this in your productive environment.

Additionally I also would like to have a customer specified email address in the TO field of the mail.
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community