cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JB5697
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

What is the best method to copy data from an external USB encrypted HD? Drag and drop is unreliable.

I have an external hard drive that has been encrypted with McAfee FRP 4.3.1.114 with 931Gb of data on it and I would like to transfer the files to my unencrypted laptop's HD using Powershell or some other method.  Is there a way to get Powershell to recognize the files on the drive?  I can open it, enter the password, and see the files through windows explorer, but I cannot do the same through other methods.

2 Replies
McAfee Employee sbalamur
McAfee Employee
Message 2 of 3

Re: What is the best method to copy data from an external USB encrypted HD? Drag and drop is unrelia

@JB5697 Thank you for choosing McAfee Support Community

You can access through command prompt however since the FRP authentication is restricted only to only one user i.e Logged-in user you will not able to access it through admin command prompt. If you are logged in using Admin credentials then once authentication is done you could browse the directory inside the pen drive. Once you are able to see the directory you could use windows command to copy the files.

Was my reply helpful?If you find this post useful, Please give it a Kudos!

Please don't forget to select "Accept as a solution" in my reply and together we can help other members?

Regards
Subramanian B
McAfee Employee
Highlighted
JB5697
Level 7
Message 3 of 3

Re: What is the best method to copy data from an external USB encrypted HD? Drag and drop is unrelia

Thank you for the information; however, I do not want to right-click-copy the folders to my PC through the FRP browsing window.  I would like to use a command like XCOPY or ROBOCOPY to move the files, but both Powershell and Windows Command Prompt do not recognize the files are there even after logging in and seeing them in the FRP browsing window.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community