cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE: Cert

Mwilke,

If you can also send me the doc that would be helpful.

email
kpx
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 22 of 33

May I hold of this doc as well?

Thanks,
Ken

If someone could send me a copy of the document I'd be very grateful. E-mailable through the forum.

Cheers
Tool
Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Message 24 of 33

the doc is mostly what is in the admin guide, with a few more pictures - everything you need is in the docs you got with the product. happy

Hi Safeboot,

There seems to be some ommisions to the Administration Guide hence my questions.

We have a MEE server and a seperate Web Helpdesk server. The Web Helpdesk server is running on Windows XP (this is due to the documentation saying it only supports 2000/XP - I see from the forums that most people are running WS2003 - however the documentation does not specify the latter).

The Webhelpdesk server has the Administration program and web services installed. I have installed the certificate and the service starts.

When I try and configure "WebRecovery Server" on the web interface I get the following error when logging in:

ERROR

Number 55010003
Title Web Server
Description Missing parameter

I guess the configuration parameters for sbhttp.ini are incorrect? This is what I have in the file on the Webhelpdesk server:

Server.Name= presumably the MEE server? - this is not in the documentation. Does it need IP or FQDN?
Server.Port=443
Server.Log.FileName=c:\log.txt
Server.Log.Flags=00000005
Server.Ssl.CertName=127.0.0.1
Server.Database.Name=McAfee Endpoint Encryption Database - is this correct? Unchanged from the default database name
Server.Logon.Timeout=5

On the web recovery server I can start the Administration program on the WebHelpdesk server and connect to our database.

Any ideas? Any assistance would be wonderful!

Regards
Tool
Reliable Contributor
Message 26 of 33

where did you get the cert from, did you modify it, and is it valid?

Simon.

Simon,

The certificate is the one in the installation media - from ControlBreak International. It has been unmodified however did expire in 11/06/2008.

Cheers
Tool
Reliable Contributor
Message 28 of 33

I'm guessing you installed the cert using MMC to the service itself?

seeing as you've split the two on different boxes, you'll need to us UNC paths for the database when configuring the webserver, and you'll need to start the service with a named account (not localsystem)

You can configure the db path etc from SBAdmin, you'll need to start a Database Server once just to get the config files written. Again, you must set it up with a UNC path (not a mapped drive), and you must set credentials for the services - local system can't see anything off box.
mrgui
Level 7
Message 29 of 33

I don't know if that is accurate about the web-server requirements. Perhaps that was meant to describe the web client requirements. We have run ours on Windows 2003 (SP2) for years without issue. Unless you absolutely need it on another box, I would suggest running it on the DB server. It will make your upgrades easier and reduces complexity.

Thanks guys.

I have configured it to run on the actual MEE server itself and it's working perfectly.

Regards
Tool
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator