cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cert

Believe me, I had tried over 20 self generated certs with different levels of authentication permissions. It was a cert issue, as I finally found the tools download and it worked with the included certificate file. thanks for the help.
muney
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 12 of 33

MEE Webhelpdesk Tool

Hi Mwilke.....can you send me the same document that you sent Leemoo regarding the setup of the webhelpdesk tool? My email is z.muney@gmail.com
Thanks in advance!
HenryC
Level 7
Message 13 of 33

RE: MEE Webhelpdesk Tool

After reading this thread... I take you guys still have problem with certificate.... here is my 2 cents....

I create a procedure for our company to self-sign certificate for webHelpDesk's web server...

Note: this is originally designed as a poor support's guide to get away from the SSL security warning.. and not to buy $200 web certificate every year...

0. assume your root CA is pushed to all your system...
1. use OpenSSL tool to create a server key for your webhelpdesk server
2. use OpenSSL tool to create a CSR from your server sertificate
- with the info as host name and host+domain
(i.e. with 2 common names, this will allow to use both name.... https://sb1.mycompany.com and https://sb1/ so the certificate will not give you a warning on wrong name... if you only lock on to one of them...)

3. Use your root CA to sign your CSR... HOWEVER, when you output the result, do a pkcs#12.. this will sign your CSR and also packing server key...

4. update your sbhttp.ini with your server name...

5. import your new p12 certificate package to your sb http service account via mmc....

6. start service...

Most likely, your cert is not pkcs#12 standard.. i.e. both server key and signed certificate packed together... in such case, you can not start the server with only the public key... private key (server key) is also needed... in normal apache server, you actually point your server key and certificate files... but as for sb's webhelpdesk... there is no such option to do so... (security reason?)

as for 127.0.0.1 cert, your web browser will also complain about the name is not the same... and this is the main reason, I created the above procedure....
leemoo
Level 7
Message 14 of 33

RE: MEE Webhelpdesk Tool

Not having the problem anymore once i used the document that mwilke kindly sent across
mrgui
Level 7
Message 15 of 33

RE: cert

I would still try to use your own certificate. I believe I had a previous post on here about this already (last year). Get the certificate in PFX format, run MMC, add Certificates (as service account, selecting SafeBoot WebRecovery... or whatever it is called), import the PFX (making note of the Subject), then edit SBHTTP.INI to match certificate subject.
leemoo
Level 7
Message 16 of 33

RE: Cert

mwilke could you kindly forward me the doc please
mwilke
Level 7
Message 17 of 33

What is your email and ill send it too you.....
leemoo
Level 7
Message 18 of 33

It is

Thank you.
mwilke
Level 7
Message 19 of 33

Lee... i just sent you the document. Let me know if there is anything else i can do to help you.
Slo
Level 7
Message 20 of 33

Mail
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community