We are running version 5.2.5 of EEPC. We have noticed that a few times when we try adding a new user or renaming a machine that has had an extension of 0001 added to it that we get a popup stating that the machine or username already exists. After doing a search for the name (even using wildcards) and looking in the Deleted Items folder, we still do not find the name existing anywhere else.
We have refreshed the database and even restarted the service, only to have it happen again.
I spoke with one of my colleagues and he remembered that we had seen this before and we ran a group scan and found the items had been orphaned. I can now move them back into the original group or delete them.