Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mkr09
Level 7

Upgrading client files

Jump to solution

Hi All,

Have read the documentation on this but its not expalined very well.

Upgraded server from 5.1.9 to 5.2.3 - No issues and server tells me its on new version

now want to upgrade client files from 5.1.9 ro 5.2.3 and create new install set for new files

As I understand it I create a new file group and tell the group (content) its type is client files

then import the files set by selecting sbclientfileset.ini.  I can only find one in the root of the C:\Program Files\McAfee\Endpoint Encryption Manager

so after doing that when I look at the status on the client it still says the client is 5.1.9

where am I going wrong?

thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jackmulder
Level 9

Re: Upgrading client files

Jump to solution

In EEM go to your System tab, right-click on Endpoint Encryption File Groups and do Update File Groups

0 Kudos
9 Replies
peter_eepc
Level 15

Jump to solution

On your server, did you also install EEPC software? I know that you upgraded to 5.2.3 installing EEM, but now there are two components: EEM and EEPC.

EEPC should create new client file-set.

0 Kudos
mkr09
Level 7

Jump to solution

Thanks I have just installed that but can not see any new file set marked eepc52?

0 Kudos
jackmulder
Level 9

Jump to solution

In EEM go to your System tab, right-click on Endpoint Encryption File Groups and do Update File Groups

0 Kudos
jackmulder
Level 9

Jump to solution

ah beat me to it

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

i must have been seconds late in hitting submit, at least we are all in agreement.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

If you run the update file groups by  right clicking "Endpoint Encryption File Groups" it will add any new file groups created by the upgrade.

Then the Client Files will show up under EEPC52: Endpoint Encryption 5.x.x Client Files

0 Kudos
peter_eepc
Level 15

Jump to solution

You should see:

"EEPC52: Endpoint Encryption 5.2.3 Client Files"

0 Kudos
mkr09
Level 7

Jump to solution