cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading Safeboot 5.1.8 to McAfee Endpoint Encryption Manager 5.2.5

Jump to solution

Hello,

I downloaded and installed McAfee Endpoint Encryption Manager 5.2.5 over the top of Safeboot 5.1.8, the updated client files appeared to update when I updated the file groups.

However when I go to System > Endpoint Encryption File Groups - there is no group called EEPC52: Endpoint Encryption 5.2.5 Client Files.

When I look at the version of some of the files within EEPC51: Endpoint Encryption 5.1.8 Client Files, they are displayed as 5.2.5

When I sync existing clients you can see the 5.2.5 files being downloaded to them, also when I click modules, SOME of the files are 5.2.5, alongside 5.1.6 and 5.1.8 versions.

How do I go about getting a EEPC52: Endpoint Encryption 5.2.5 Client Files Encryption File Group?

Do I need to install Endpoint Encryption for PC's on the server alongside Endpoint Encryption Manager?

Thanks

Andy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SOM2010
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Upgrading Safeboot 5.1.8 to McAfee Endpoint Encryption Manager 5.2.5

Jump to solution

Yes, you need to install each product you want to use individually with the EEM being installed first.

3 Replies
SOM2010
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Jump to solution

Yes, you need to install each product you want to use individually with the EEM being installed first.

Jump to solution

Thanks for your help, I installed EEPC alongside EEM and everything just worked.

For me the product name Endpoint Encryption for PC was misleading as I thought it was a home user product compared to Endpoint Encryption Manager.

Jump to solution

There's a whole document on correct update procedure with the download - "Endpoint Encryption Update and Migration" - You need to make sure certain services etc are stopped before you do the install over the top - if you forget, that will result in the problems with mixed versions you're seeing.