Ok so we took a test laptop and upgraded it from 5.1.8 to 5.2.3
Then we took the same laptop and synced it to the DR server which was still setting at 5.1.8 and it downgraded.
Now its hosed. Did an emergency boot to get into windows and sync and the sync log states that "endpoint encryption for PC is not activated"
Any ideas? The machine object is enabled so that cant be it. Probably just needs re-imaged but just want to know if there is a way to fix this just incase we have a real laptop do this.
I am sure i could use wintech to recover any data and if thats the best you can do in this scenario that will be ok.
When the laptop boots i get a black screen with an error something like "incorrect verion installed" no pre-boot auth screen or anything.
I figured an EBoot would work because it would rebuild the sbfs on the laptop and fix it but no dice.
This is just a test laptop and its not a huge deal i just know that there are other boneheads such as myself that will probably do this eventually and id like to know the best possible fix so when it happens on a production box i can get it fixed quickly.
"sucking data off" is good, but disk would still need to be reimaged to get EEPC working again.
By WinTech EEPC removal, decryption is done, then EEPC client would need to be unistalled, followed by proper EEPC installation.
not sure I agree - removing the encryption and preboot with Win/SafeTech should get it booting again, then the Windows code will rebuild everything. As long as the windows side is all one version, it should not have a problem.