cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Company Safeboot Server

Hi,

I just Trying to Update my safeboot server 5.1.9 to 5.2.3. I do have a problem with my server. I do have a problem that, it dose not appear the administration tool on my server. i realize it when I'm going to update it. I do not have much idea about that because i just join to that company and the person who install the server is resign from the company as well. I just want to know how to install the administration tools and is that possible to update my server without having this components.(administration tools-->safeboot server,services-->SB HTTP Server, administration tools--> connector manger)

Can you pls Help me to solve his problem

Thanking you

Siyolka

7 Replies

Re: Update Company Safeboot Server

can you explain more ?

Highlighted

If it doesn't have all major components, how do you know that is running SafeBoot then?

Did you study product documentation?

I have found that the SB/EEM tools only show up in the Start menu of the user that installed them.

Try using the Run command, and browsing to the \Program Files\SBadmin folder, and looking for the appropriate .exe

sbadmin - Admin Console

sbconnectormanager - Connector Manager(?)

sbreports - Reporting Tool

SFDBBack - Backup configuration tool

mwilke
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 5 of 8

You can fix this issue by creating a folder called "SafeBoot" or "MEE" or whatever you want here:  C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs

And then just place all the .exe files you need in that folder.  Then any user who logs into the server would have that Program Start Menu folder for your MEE products.

I'd create shortcuts of the exe's in that folder so if you upgrade again in the future you don't have old exe's floating around.

Thanks for reply. thing is i do not have any folder call SBAdmin in my programe files. All these problems because I'm not the person who istall this server i just joing to this company and person who install that server is not available. when i'm going to update that server i do have lots of trouble when i update it, because the things indicate in documentaion not in my server specially SBAdmin folder in programme file and the other tools not in there as well so can u please help me to solve this out.
Thank you

You should familiarize yourself with the product. Install it on a test machine and play with it.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community