cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Unable to start Mcafee Endpoint Encryption Database Server service after reboot

Hi,

New, clean installation of a windows 2003 standard server.

Installed EEPC and Endpoint encryption manager 5.2.2

I set up the system and can administer everything and have created machines and users, but after i reebooted the machine the service do not start,

and if i try to manually start the service i recive the following error message:

"The Mcafee Endpoint Encryption Database Server service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if the have no work to do,

for example, the Performance Logs and Alerts service."

Im unable to connect to the server with the management console and therefore unable to access the service.

Anyone?

/Sebastian

7 Replies

Re: Unable to start Mcafee Endpoint Encryption Database Server service after reboot

Hi,

Your database yet exist? Verify if folder SBDATA on path "C:\program files\McAfee\Endpoint Encryption Manager\" this is default folder.

If exists try connect using Object Directory case do not find your database restore backup and reconfigure the server.

Re: Unable to start Mcafee Endpoint Encryption Database Server service after reboot

"Hi,

Thanks for the quick response. The database exists. As i wrote, i have created the database, and connected to the management console and have created users/machines etc.

The SBDATA folder exists under c:\program files\mcafee\endpoint encryption manager.

The folder contains 8 folders 0000001-00000008 and 00000009. It also contains 2 files DBCFG.FDB and SBFILEDB.FDB.

"If exists try connect using Object Directory"

I dont fully understand this..

I have a: "Object Directory Backup

/Sebastian

Can you connect to database using Endpoint Encryption Manager application?

Hi,

I could not.

I do belive however that the case is solved.

When i installed the software eepc uses port 5555 as standardport,

I needed to change this port because this port is currently in use in my organisation.

So i changed to port 7777 (more or less random from my part)

I belive that this change in port resulted in my problems. After a reinstallation and using port 5678 everything seems to be working fine again.

I have restarted the server several times without any issues.

Yes, but was port 5555 used on a server for different application? It it was used on different server for different app, then it does not matter. I would not change that.

Reinstallation probably helped to resolve other issues that you might have had.

Ok,

Bad for troubleshooting purpouses when i did a reinstallation, but i was in a bit of a time crunch. Sorry.

I will monitor the system, and if i encounter the same issue again i will definatly know that the problem was related to some other aspect.

Ok,

Sebastian if have another app using same port 555 you need change port Enpoint Encryption. You don´t need reinstall application only change port server on file SDMCFG.INI.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator