cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unable to open client datastore attribute

Similar built-in feature is placed by default in EEPC 5.2.5. Released today.

5250.12 Update EEPC “sync-

handler” to incorporate CHKDSK functionality

To help fix problems with corruption of the SBFS at the file system level, a new plug-

in for the

EEPC client manager that performs a chkdsk on the SBFS on each synchronisation.

The chkdsk operation will only begin after a successful connection to the database. This will

help ensure that any missing data is synchronized after the SBFS has been fixed.

NICE!! I imagine this will be part of 6.x as well?

Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 13 of 24

great - that's the one I was talking about.

I can't see a reason that this can't be used on previous builds as well, but I may be missing something, and of course there's the whole "supported" discussion.

For anyone else out there with this problem, I just did this process on a Windows7 HP laptop with 5.2.2.4 installed and it worked like a champ.  Could not get the SafeTech disk to boot so used the modified Bart PE Safeboot disk and was able to run the chkdsk from a command prompt after mounting the SBFS as a drive and it found the corrupt files.  Once I rebooted the system re-synched with the server properly and the problem was fixed!  Thank you RudeDog!

I have seen this in our enviornment after upgrading to 5.2.4. We just recently upgraded and lot more remote machines havent updated yet. Only bad thing with what I have seen is that the machine doesnt boot into windows. It prompts the "unable to open client data store attribute" and if you click OK it reboots and the cycle repeats it self. Desktop support have rebuilt these machines. Hopefully it does not impact further as we have 15k machines to worry about.

Let just say that 5.2.4 has caused several issues. Couple which can be labled as a worry some issues. McAfee support have not addressed one of my tickets as they dont know whats the issue is and its been well over a month. Seems like only good support we get is if call goes to FL.

Can you elaborate about your experiences? What are you upgrading clients from, which version?

Do problem machines have Phoenix BIOS? Does problem seem to be intermittent, i.e. multiple cold boots eventually resolve problem and machine boots properly? Do machines behave better after reimaging?

Sharing knowledge in this forum benefits everyone, so please do.

We're on 5.2.4 as well and we patch all our system with new SbChkDsk.dll we got from mcAfee..

arcoding to mcafee engineer this .dll work with version 5.2.3 above..

from our experiance..

1 - it's sbfs issue and - you can fix this by eboot

2- there also dll issue on eepc client which in certain condition failed to read sbfs correctly for 5

you need to patch the dll - check with mcafee support and check for this dll is it available for you current version..

if not then i think maybe you need to upgrade to latest version 5.2.5. this dll issue on eepc client resolved on version 5.2.5

I am planning an upgrade to 5.2.5 this week so should not run into this problem again so long as it has gone away with this version.

Highlighted

...so long as it has gone away with this version.

I guess time will tell. Our testing shows that on some hardware those errors are still showing up (randomly) with EEPC 5.2.5.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community