Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwilke
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 25

ToastCache5.vbs

I am trying to use the newest toast cache v5 script.  I have been using the old school batch file for quite some time but am being told this version is much better.

I cant get it to do anything though.  At the top of the script there is a place to put in your userid and a generated admin auth and a toast time variable.  I put all this in and nothing.

I have the toasttime set to all 0's because i want it to run when i have the scheduled task to run.  I have also tried putting a time in there and still nothing.

I dont get any errors, no popup windows, nothing.  It kicks off and instantly kicks back off with no warnings or errors.  I have the script placed in the Endpoint Encryption Manager directory.

Not sure what i am doing wrong here.  If anyone else uses this script please let me know what i am doing wrong.

24 Replies
SafeBoot
Level 21
Message 2 of 25

Re: ToastCache5.vbs

are you running it with cscript or wscript?

looking at the script, it only outputs stuff via cscript (to stop annoying popup windows)

mwilke
Level 7
Message 3 of 25

Well first i tried just double clicking it and nothing.

Then i tried scheduling as a task using task scheduler.

I havent tried cscript will try that now and see what errors i am getting at least.

mwilke
Level 7
Message 4 of 25

You and your stinking API Version check 

ok its working now after i added support for 5.2.3

SafeBoot
Level 21
Message 5 of 25

I thought you'd be used to my "special" coding style by now ;-)

I was wondering if you can tell me how you were able to toastcache5 to work. Im on 5.4.2 and trying to set this up via job and basically have faced same issues as you did and was wondering what exactly was the fix. Appreciate any help you can provide.

5.4.2 or 5.2.4?

Where exactly do you have problems? Refreshing cache could be just a bunch of SBADMCL commands (in addition to file and service manipulations).

Sorry, I meant v 5.2.4. Well, Im trying to use toastcache5.vbs for deletion and recreation of index files. Basically deleting the names* files from the 00000001 and 00000002 directories. I would like a scheduled job to run nightly executing this vb script.

You can run following operations on database server, in this order:

- stop SafeBoot database server service

- delete names.dat files

- sbadmcl -command:getcounts -database:"your DB" -adminuser:admin -adminpwdSmiley Tongueasswd

- start SafeBoot database server service

Put some delays between, if you have large/slow database.

Highlighted
hasi99
Level 9
Message 10 of 25

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to get hold of the VBS of Toastcache, but the one in the tools from the downloads page is still the old batch file version.

Anyone point me the right direction please ?

Many Thanks.