cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KelleyD
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 4

The wrong version of the SafeBoot Client is currently active...while booting machine normally

Good afternoon all,

Long time lurker, first time poster

I have been rolling out Windows 7 to one of our businesses via an automated deployment kit that includes EEPC 5.2.3. We have had a couple users in the last few weeks come back with error 0xe0050004, The wrong version of the SB client is currently active.

Now, I am familiar with the error when booting off the wrong version of the WinTech disk, but on startup is a complete mystery. If the community has any ideas, I would be appreciative.

Thanks in advance!

3 Replies
SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: The wrong version of the SafeBoot Client is currently active...while booting machine normally

It usually means that the pre-boot, and Windows components are different versions - most often that somehow you've deployed a later pre-boot onto the machine than the Windows files (an attempted downgrade).

So, what version is the pre-boot, and what version are the Windows files?

KelleyD
Level 7
Message 3 of 4

Re: The wrong version of the SafeBoot Client is currently active...while booting machine normally

Yeah, that would make too much sense, wouldn't it? I'm still working on getting my hands on the machine - it currently resides across the country. Pre-boot is 5.2.3. If I had to guess, I'd say he may have somehow picked up 5.1.9. That will be the first thing I check when I get it.

Thanks!

SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 4

yes - if you dropped the 5.1 files on top of a working 5.2 machine, you'd get this error message. Check the file groups for the machine - maybe someone switched them to a previous version file set?

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community