cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting a default keyboard language

I am using EEPC v5.2.5 and I have different machine groups set up for each individual country where we have offices.  In many offices I have selected the language files for both English and the language of the country.  Currently English is the default language and I am being asked to swap the default to the language of the country.

Is there a way to do this for each individual country?  I remember reading something about the default language getting changed whenever you clicked on a "reset all to group configuration" on any group or updating files. 

Any advice on how I can achieve this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

3 Replies
Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

Re: Setting a default keyboard language

EEPC should pick the laguage which matches the one the OS is using on activation? If the OS though is in English, of course EEPC will switch to English.

The only way to modify this behaviour would be to add a "merge ini" to the machines via its own file group to change the default - I wrote an article about this some time ago which may help - http://simonhunt.wordpress.com/programming/localisation-in-mcafee-endpoint-encryption-for-pcs-safebo...

Highlighted

Thank you for the information.  I noticed that you mention the merge.ini file in the article you referred to, but I did not see anything in that article that told how to create the merge.ini file.  Is there an actual file called merge.ini or do you just mean as you add a language it merges it settings into the current locale.ini file?

I also noticed that my locale.ini file does not have the default settings setting.  Is that only in older versions of the product?

Thank you.

Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 4

a merge ini is a file type - it can be any file, but usually it's an ini file. In this case you'd need to create a file with the settings you wanted to merge into the original file.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community