Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pete185
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 3

Self Recovery.

Rather open question here. Due to the problems we have had with the web console I have created an application in VB.net for the service desk that enables them to perform user recovery without the website (this use's the com interface). This works fine but there is one function that I would like to included and I can’t figure out how McAfee has done it.

I would like the service desk to be able to reset their own passwords using the challenge and response function just as if they were doing self recovery on to their own laptop. The obvious problem is that they don’t have a challenge code as they are not logging on to any devices only the management console.

Firstly I hope that make sense secondly any idea how this can be achieved?
2 Replies
SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 3

RE: Self Recovery.

you can't do a recovery without a client code, but I guess you could use the resetpassword call? That will blat their history etc, but you might not mind that.
Pete185
Level 7
Message 3 of 3

RE: Self Recovery.

no worries I was just hoping to get one working as it does for offline recovery. I gues they will have to wait until the Apache version of the web site is released. cheers
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community