Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wilsons0621
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

Safeboot Server on PC

I was just curious on the recommendations for running Safeboot Server on a PC. Has anyone had any issues with doing this? The pc meets minimum requirements as do the client(s).

I can ping the server from the client and vice versa,
Server is running as a service however;

From the client when synchronizing I can connect to the database, display address, port but the next several lines in the log I have errors such as:

Error [db010010] object not found

I followed the install sequence and the device encryption user guide to no avail.
I try to force sync within the Safeboot administrator console and get this error:

0xdb020000: "Attribute not found"
Any chance for assistance?
5 Replies
rczyzewski
Not applicable
Message 2 of 6

re: 0xdb020000

I'm experiencing this same issue with one of my users. If I find something I will let you know. Have you been able to resolve it on your end?
wilsons0621
Not applicable
Message 3 of 6

No fix

I have not found a fix on this yet, any luck with your user?
HenryC
Not applicable
Message 4 of 6

RE: No fix

Hi,
I had something similar happened on my server... when I deploy 300+ systems at same time.. the server become un-usable... many client systems can not sync with server after the first restart.
I restart the client service on the client system... that pretty much fix most of the problem...
PS: restart the client, force sync from server/client do not work.. only restart client service on client system did the trick...
rczyzewski
Not applicable
Message 5 of 6

resolution for me

I was able to resolve the issue by reinstalling the client software on the affected pc.
MilleRJ
Not applicable
Message 6 of 6

Safeboot Server on PC

Don't forget that Windows Client OS'es are 'hard-wired' to only allow 10 concurrent connections. If you have lots of clients all trying to connect, you may get problems Smiley Happy

In a Live situation with many clients, I'd recommend running on a Server OS, but it may be ok for testing / evaluation purposes...
McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.