cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safeboot Server on PC

I was just curious on the recommendations for running Safeboot Server on a PC. Has anyone had any issues with doing this? The pc meets minimum requirements as do the client(s).

I can ping the server from the client and vice versa,
Server is running as a service however;

From the client when synchronizing I can connect to the database, display address, port but the next several lines in the log I have errors such as:

Error [db010010] object not found

I followed the install sequence and the device encryption user guide to no avail.
I try to force sync within the Safeboot administrator console and get this error:

0xdb020000: "Attribute not found"
Any chance for assistance?
5 Replies

re: 0xdb020000

I'm experiencing this same issue with one of my users. If I find something I will let you know. Have you been able to resolve it on your end?

No fix

I have not found a fix on this yet, any luck with your user?
HenryC
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 4 of 6

RE: No fix

Hi,
I had something similar happened on my server... when I deploy 300+ systems at same time.. the server become un-usable... many client systems can not sync with server after the first restart.
I restart the client service on the client system... that pretty much fix most of the problem...
PS: restart the client, force sync from server/client do not work.. only restart client service on client system did the trick...

resolution for me

I was able to resolve the issue by reinstalling the client software on the affected pc.
Highlighted

Safeboot Server on PC

Don't forget that Windows Client OS'es are 'hard-wired' to only allow 10 concurrent connections. If you have lots of clients all trying to connect, you may get problems 🙂

In a Live situation with many clients, I'd recommend running on a Server OS, but it may be ok for testing / evaluation purposes...
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • Visit: Business Service Portal
  • More: Search Knowledge Articles
  • ePolicy Orchestrator Support
  • The McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in is now available in the Software Manager. Follow the instructions in the Product Guide for more.