Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joseph.gray
Level 7

Safeboot 4.2 corrupt servnt.exe service

Hi Guys,

We host a safeboot 4.2 server for around 200 users

Recently users have been unable to communicate up to the server, As a result users laptops are now starting to lock out as communication has to happen every 60 days

We have tracked the problem to be a service which will not start

Service is - "SafeBoot Communications" Located at C:\PROGRA~1\SBAdmin\SERVNT.EXE

When we try to start this service we get this error - "Could not start the Safeboot Communications Server service on local computer. Error 997: Overlapped I/O operation is in progress

Could anyone advise if they have had or know what this problem is and a possible fix for this?

Any advise would be great as i have around 20 days before all machines are locked out of safeboot.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SafeBoot
Level 21

Re: Safeboot 4.2 corrupt servnt.exe service

If I remember right this error appears if the account you are trying to start the service under does not have rights to the location the database is stored at.

So, edit the service so it runs with the right user account, one with full access to wherever the db is stored.

0 Kudos
joseph.gray
Level 7

Thanks for the reply

I've tried starting the ser vice with all types of user accounts. I've also give these accounts full security access to the database

I've disabled all services and rebooted. I then tried to start the service and it still fails

I have also used a backup database and it still fails

I have installed safeboot administrator on another machine and replaced the servnt.exe - made no difference

Disabled all AV services and tried again

any other ideas?

0 Kudos
SafeBoot
Level 21

no. i checked, it absolutely means the service does not have file rights to the files of the db.

does it work if you run it as an app? if so that proves the point.

0 Kudos