cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

SafeBoot upgrade to MEPEM

Hello everyone!

I am a newbi to SafeBoot (our administrator is no longer here and I drew the small straw) and I am testing an upgrade from SafeBoot 4.2.15 to McAfee Enpoint Encryption Manage v5,1,7,0 (build 5500>517-0018)

The installation and upgrade appears to have worked well and correctly and my database moved over, etc.

I have one machine I am testing on (that has the SafeBoot client) and now I cannot do a forcesync on it. It tells me Error contacting [computername] at [IP Address] 0xc00001e: Unknow Error

I have looked at the SDMCFG.INI file and made sure it is pointing to the right place and I used the migration guide.

Any thoughts?
9 Replies
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 10

RE: SafeBoot upgrade to MEPEM

you can't force a sync from the wrong version of the admin console? Also, the IP address might not be right for the client?
Highlighted

The IP address is the same. I read somewhere that you have to tell EndPoint Encryption to allow that sync between the client and the server.

Does that ring a bell?
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 10

you need to tell any firewall on the client to allow the traffic yes - the port depends on what you set, but the default is 5556.
Highlighted

No firewall. All firewalls are disabled via GPO.
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 10

then try to ping the computer and see if it responds.

if it does, then either there is a firewall there that you don't know about, or the client/admin are mismatched versions, or the client has a different port set for communication, or allow remote control is disabled.
Highlighted

if it does, then either there is a firewall there that you don't know about, or the client/admin are mismatched versions, or the client has a different port set for communication, or allow remote control is disabled.

1. It pings both on FQDN and IP address.
2. RDC is enabled.
3. Firewall is disabled on both server and client.
4. I can RDC to the client from the server.
5. The client syncs with the server via IP address.
6. Mismatched versions: According to the migration document, it says that once the client talks to the server, it will uninstall the client and upgrade to the Endpoint Encryption Client.

One thing I have not done is (this is dependant on the Administrator updating the machine of the machine group's file group's). I have no idea what that means. MAYBE that is where the problem is.
Highlighted

Here is what the error means. Now all I need is for someone to explain to me what in the world the error meaning means. LOL

[5c00001e]
Wrong Endpoint Encryption Communications Protocol Version

You are most likely trying to connect to a v4 Endpoint Encryption Server using a v5 Server definition with server authentication enabled.

Check that you do not have both v4 and v5 servers running (perhaps as a service) at the same time.

Now the client gives me an error called 0x15000006, error updating SbBootSideFix.dll.
Highlighted

Figured it out...thanks!
Highlighted
Level 7
Message 10 of 10

Great that you figured it out, would please mind sharing that?
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community