cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SafeBoot Device Encryption - "SafeBoot disk driver not present"

Hi,

We're running SafeBoot Devices Encryption (McAfee Endpoint Encryption),which we've sucessfully installed on 5 Windows XP SP2 (32-bit) laptops, without to many problems. However, we've just tried to roll it out to 1 laptop running Windows XP SP2 64-bit, and although the install looked like it suceeded, the hard disk encryption won't start, the log shows the following error message:

[e0020018] SafeBoot disk driver not present.

I know SafeBoot is a new product to the McAfee portfolio, but does anyone know why this error is appearing? The only reason I can think is that its running 64-bit Windows, but I thought SafeBoot was 64-bit compatible?

Anyhelp would be much appreciated.

Ben
2 Replies
mrgui
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 3

SafeBoot 5 - 64-bit OS

SafeBoot officially supports 64-bit Vista, but I don't know about XP. You could try to assign the 64-bit Vista client files the XP machine.

I would be curious to know as well, since we also use SafeBoot to transport servers between locations. At some point, we will start getting more servers running 64-bit Win2003.

RE: SafeBoot 5 - 64-bit OS

Hi,

We got an official response back from McAfee a few days after I posted the original message, SafeBoot doesn't support WinXP 64 bit, only Vista. We've since formatted and reinstalled XP 32bit.

Ben
McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.