cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO doesn't work on Windows 7

Does anyone know how to make the SSO work on a Windows 7 machine running version 8.2.5?

11 Replies

Re: SSO doesn't work on Windows 7

You mean EEPC 5.2.5?

Which part does not work as expected?

Highlighted

Yes, I do mean EEPC 5.2.5.  Currently on XP machines, when a user logs in at the EEPC login screen, it takes them straight into Windows using the SSO info.  I have checked the option "Automatically logon as pre-boot user".

On a Windows 7 machine with the exact same settings, it does not logon automatically into Windows.  We have even tried resetting the user's token to be the same as the Windows password and it still does not work.

Which machine object properties did you enable for SSO to work?

Under the General icon, Options box, Windows logon, then chose "Automatically logon as pre-boot user"

Under the General icon, Options box, Windows logon, then chose "Automatically logon as pre-boot user"

Only that one?

Select other options too and see if it works.

Require Endpoint Encryption Logon
Attempt automatic Windows Logon
Require Endpoint Encryption re-logon
Endpoint Encryption logon component always active
Set Endpoint Encryption Password to Windows Password
Must Match Windows user name

Currently we have the following set and it is working with Windows XP:

Attempt automatic Windows logon

Automatically logon as pre-boot user

Set Endpoint Encryption password to Windows password

Must match Windows username

I am just wanting to know why it doesn't work with Windows 7 or if someone knows how to make it work.  I can try clicking on Options to see what will make it work, but I would like to leave the settings as they currently are so that we don't affect users.  However, if that is the only way to get it to work with Windows 7, I will create a separate group, test, document, and then inform users of the change to how it works.

Set all options only for single Windows 7 test machine. If you have controlled groups, yes, create a separate test group for it.

rmmiles
Level 10
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 9 of 12

I agree with what the others have said, you will need to check the "Require logon to Endpoint Encryption" for SSO to work in Win7.

Just discovered this same problem yesterday.  The logon with pass through on XP but not on WIN7 with same EEPC Console settings.  We are using Novell (on both OS).

As just suggested, I selected the "Require logon to Endpoint Encryption" and it now passes through.   I did not want to have this checked as we did not want this active for a locked workstation so while it makes SSO work it doesn't make sense that it is required for this when the option "Automatically logon as pre-boot user" should take care of this.

Odd the difference between XP and 7.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator