Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 8
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 6

SB 4 token error

In Safeboot 4.2.7, I configured a user to use a Smart card. I was able to set a password. The machine was fully encrypted, but in the status, I got an error message 0x5b090007: Token ID does not exist. Why am I getting this message, and is there a fix?

Thanks
5 Replies
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 6

RE: SB 4 token error

it means the token assigned to the user is not installed on the machine, so if you selected a smart card for example, you didn't deploy the file set for that token to the machine as well.
Highlighted
Level 8
Message 3 of 6

Deployed file set

I added the file set and created a token for the user and after encryption, I still received the same error. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 6

RE: Deployed file set

did you deploy a reader as well, and does this machine have all the necessary middleware to handle the card?
Highlighted
Level 8
Message 5 of 6

Smart Card

I did add the reader files.

In the status, after the message "Token ID does not exist", I receive "Removing files:
02000402.gbl
02000901.gbl
02000902.gbl
02000903.gbl
XPSP2.srg

When I look at the SB4 client files, those files are not there.

Also, the status shows, "Error processing user (userX)"
Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 6

RE: Smart Card

then you don't have the token file group assigned to the machine - the only reason it would remove files is if you cleared the tick box on the machine file group.
You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community