Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhiru
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 12

Re: Restored image with Acronis true image, partitions are now inaccessible

Jump to solution

Success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I have decrypted my rest 2 partitions ( one by one ) and got succeeded in getting all my data back unlike the first partition after decryting whcih I was unable to access/retrieve some amount of data.

TechSecurityNAte : I tried the recovery software ( EASY Recovery ) on the first partition and was able to retrive the data ( images & videos ) which was missing after the decryption. Recovery softwares after decrytion works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But the only problem is :

Few images I recovered with Easy Recovery are fine whereas few have been modified in tems of size ( instead of full screen, it is showing only small one in the middle of the screen )

Can any one suggest, why is it so ?

Also, if I encrypt the first partition again and then force decrypt it again, is there any chance to get the whole data back this time. Please suggest.

Also, would like to mention the time frame for the ones who are trying to force decrypt :

Ist partition : 75GB : took 7almost 72 hours : Mostly images & videos

IInd partition : 57GB : took around 27-28 hours : Mostly Documents

IIIrd partition : 47 GB : Took around 20-21 hours : Mostly softwares

Re: Restored image with Acronis true image, partitions are now inaccessible

Jump to solution

Encrypting and decrypting the drive will not gain you access to those files.  The current state is as if encryption was never installed.

Regarding the image size, I'm curious if maybe this is not due to a trial period of the software?  If this is not the case, I'd say that maybe it recovered the thumbnail image, not the actual image.

Regarding the time to decrypt, my experiences are similar and I've discussed this with Simon, aka SafeBoot here on the forums.  I've yet to take his advice, but am changing jobswithin my company to where I'll be more directly able to in the near future. 

He advises that the reason for the slow performance is directly related to the WinPE disc you are using.  If it is configured to use the generic Windows HDD and/or controller drivers, it will not function at it's peak performance.  You should compile the WinPE disc including the drivers specific to your PC.  This will allow the hardware to be used to it's fullest potential.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community