Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 20

Re: Removing EEPC 5.2.4

It appears because the uninstall routine tries to talk to the driver and ask if it's all safe to remove - if the driver responds that the pre-boot is still enabled, the uninstaller will not work. ALSO if the driver does not respond that it's safe (ie, does not respond at all), the uninstaller will still not proceed.

It's significantly harder to fix the problem where we uninstalled even though the pre-boot was there, than fix the odd platform issue where something blocks communication with the driver.

Highlighted
McAfee Employee kthomas
McAfee Employee
Message 12 of 20

First let me thank you for posting such detail on the problem you faced. I myself have supported many McAfee products over the years and have faced similar but rare problems where the uninstaller fails and you are left with only two options. Manual removal which with Endpoint Encryption we do not do, so the option to install and reinstall is by far the more reliable approach.

The errors and solution provided in this thread was not documented in our McAfee KnowledgeBase, Well from today this is, and I thank all those that contribute to these forums.  I will continue to monitor the discussions to ensure we document as many of these issues as possible.

The article (KB70161) takes about 24 - 48 hrs to be processed.

To access this article go to the McAfee ServicePortal (http://mysupport.mcafee.com) and search for KnowledgeBase article KB70161.

All the best.

Kevin

Knowledge Analyst (Global Online Services)
KnowledgeBase: http://mysupport.mcafee.com

To access this article go to the McAfee ServicePortal (http://mysupport.mcafee.com) and search for KnowledgeBase article KB70161.

No results found.

McAfee Employee kthomas
McAfee Employee
Message 14 of 20

Hello Peter,

This will not be available until tomorrow.  Although I had stated The article (KB70161) takes about 24 - 48 hrs to be processed. I did ponder over adding another statement when I provided the KB#  to state when published it will be available. Lesson learned.

Kevin

The article (KB70161) takes about 24 - 48 hrs to be processed.

I thought this is how long it will take to perform troubleshooting procedure described in KB70161.

McAfee Employee kthomas
McAfee Employee
Message 16 of 20

Sorry about the confusion Peter,

I know you offer a lot of assistance on the forum and I do my best to monitor as much as I can, but if you spot something that you think needs documenting, then feel free to contact me. There have been some great postings that have led to several new articles. I may not always have time to pop back and post the KB# but I find this is a great resource for new and valuable content. Sometimes I end up updating articles when more log errors or screenshots are provided that help improve an existing article.

Kevin Thomas

That's great. I will keep communication channels open.

McAfee Employee kthomas
McAfee Employee
Message 18 of 20

Just a quick note after I made a check. This new article was not processed and published as expected, so I will chase the editor to try and get this done today (USA Time zone). Also feel free to provide feedback on this article or any other on the community if improvements/corrections are required. I am always keen to have feedback from those that use the McAfee Endpoint Encryption articles.

All the best

Kev

Dear Support!

I wanted to register it, but i don't know we that grant number. We have moved to SB5.2(EEM). How can i get daily codes?

Best Regards

DeakiSandor

Contact your McAfee account manager do discuss.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator