cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Regarding Force Decryption

Hi Team,

Windows is creashed and that's why i try to get data thorugh wintech but it shows 0 KB in both drive so i can done force decryption on the that drive but now problem is that i am able to access & use my c:/ drive data but in 😧 drive i able to see data but when i try to open it it shows me in ASCII chracter so any solution to recover that.

Thanks,

Dipen Rana

6 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Regarding Force Decryption

Do you mean that you can see files and folders on drive 😧 but cannot use data they contain?

What application is that data for? Did you try to transfer files form recovered computer to another system that has this application installed?

Highlighted
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 7

full disk encryption works at the sector level, not the file level, so if the disk gets decrypted enough to see the directory structure, that part is working fine.

Assuming of course you decrypted everything though, and not just a portion of the drive?

I would get your IT team involved now - continuing without the right knowledge is going to be dangerous.

Highlighted

Hi ,

Yes, I am able to see tha the data of D:drive but also able to recover the data through file scavanger software but when i try to open any file it shows me in ascci character format. so want the solution for the same.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Dipen Rana

Highlighted

Using data recovery software implies that you had file system corruption. How did you determine that?

Why are you using file scavenger software? Were files not visible using explorer software?

Highlighted

No, I have to search data through file scavanger only then i can visible my data. in windows eplorer i am uable to open that drive.

Thanks

Highlighted

Most likely that means you have got file system corruption. It is not uncommon to get that when you use tools improperly.

So data recovery might not be perfect. Please contact professional data recovery services.

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community