cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reasons to upgrade to v5.2 from 5.1.8

Can anyone tell me of any major fixes or new features that would warrant upgrading from version 5.1.8 to version 5.2. Currently we do not use anything other than the password token and have no plans at this time to add other tokens. Looking through the Relase Notes for EEPC version 5.2 I am not seeing anything major and so I am curious what would be the impetus to upgrade the EEM and push out the new version to the clients other then being on the latest code for troubleshooting when and if we have issues.

Thanks for any thoughts/comments on this.

Dean
3 Replies
Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 2 of 4

RE: Reasons to upgrade to v5.2 from 5.1.8

why not download the release notes and look at the changes?

Reasons to upgrade to v5.2 from 5.1.8

I have read the release notes as I indicated in my orginal question, and could not spot anything major. So what I was looking for is if there were other things that did not make it into the release notes that might make a difference in my decision process.

RE: Reasons to upgrade to v5.2 from 5.1.8

From threads found on these boards, there always seems to be some undocumented fixes. As a development guy, I've been guilty of the same thing, too though - document all the major fixes and any improvements, but sneak in the "ooops" fixes 🙂

FWIW, I was having a problem with 5.1.9 where my keyboard didn't work while docked, and that seems to have been fixed in 5.2.0.

Thread:
http://community.mcafee.com/showthread.php?p=576652
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator