cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Control on Vista OS

Hi,

I am planning to deploy the latest version McAfee Port Control onto some Vista machines and wanted to check if Port Control definately supports this operating system?

I have managed to sort out the system files, so they install properly on the Vista machines (through File Groups - PC22: Port Control - Assigned/Tick Vista 32 to each file).

However when the application is installed, I do not appear to get any policy updates nor able to synchronize to the McAfee Endpoint Encryption Management Console / Database.

I have checked the firewall settings and port 5555, and these appear to work OK (did a telnet <server ip> 5555, which worked fine).

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
Darkdane
3 Replies

RE: Port Control on Vista OS

no, Port Control was never tested with, or released for Vista. You need to use Device Control instead.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Would it be possible to get hold of a downloadable version of Device Control from the McAfee site? We have grant number, but not been able to locate the Device Control component.

It's there - McAfee DLP is the product name. You need a full EPO suite installed to use it.