cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Port Control 2.2.3 not detecting user or policy

Hi,

I realise that this product is probably no longer officially supported but, I've just discovered a problem in my workplace with Port Control, hopefully someone can help out.

We are a Active Directory, Windows XP SP2/SP3 site.

Quite a few workstations with port control aren't picking up the default or current policy anymore, nor displaying the username.  it simply says <none> for each.  Forcing a sync yields no result.

Looking through the settings in the registry "HKLM\SOFTWARE\SafeBoot International\" everything looks the same compared to a workstation that isn't experiencing the problem.  All users are synced with AD so the usernames are the same in EEM as they are in AD.  No users have a specific policy applied to them, we just have the 1 default policy.  Although, manually specifying a policy on a user still doesn't show up on the Port Control client.

The only way I've managed to resolve this issue so far is by uninstalling port control, rebooting and then re-installing it again.  This has worked everytime.

Rather than re-deploy this software to everyone, does anybody have any ideas/suggestions as to what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance.

McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.