Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 11 of 22

Re: Need to write a script.

I put them on my blog : http://simonhunt.wordpress.com/2010/02/12/hta-login-box-and-questionanswer-for-eepc5/

I was thinking of writing an article on HTA's - they are so useful, but there are so many naughty tricks you have to learn, like how to minimize resize flicker, how to implement timers, and automatic refreshing, how to handle close vs cancel etc.

It reminds me of learning VB3 by exploration...

I would ask, if anyone finds these useful, please post a comment on my blog to say what you used them for!

i know what you mean, i wrote an HTA for a client that shows up after login and waits for the initial sync to finish and reboots the machine so the user can test preboot before the tech leaves.

now i have an issue on my super helpdesk app.

I need to get a list of user and machine groups from the db, any ideas? I don't see a command for dump groups

sbadmcl -command:GetCountsByGroup -database:dbname -group:* -grouptype:"user" -adminuser:admname -adminpwd:pwd 
sbadmcl -command:GetCountsByGroup -database:dbname -group:* -grouptype:"machine" -adminuser:admname -adminpwd:pwd
Reliable Contributor
Message 14 of 22

note, this command is VERY expensive in terms of db time, so I always found dumping the group list occasionally, and then giving it to scripts in the form of some readable file worked best.

Run this on a lot of machines at once and you'll drag your server down.

Highlighted

Thats good to know, I must have heard you typing cause after i posted i started looking into loading this data from an INI file. Good to know the command I can use it to populate the INI.

Thanks Peter and Safeboot.

Actually is not that "expensive" at all. On my very large database it performs in less than 15sec. You must be confusing this command with dumping objects by group.

I see where the command can be very useful for populating my ini but i can imagine this running on 50 helpdesk machines, if they have a busy day the DB will get thrashed in a large environment.

Actually I see database to be "trashed" rather by a completely inefficient "Find" command that can hardly be blocked.

But of course, putting results of group enumeration into a global ini file seems to be a good idea (if you do not expect that new groups would be availabe "instantly").

SOM2010
Level 10
Message 19 of 22

I would really like to get copies of this if you can let me.  my email is yortyt@michigan.gov  but our Exchange server will strip .exe file extensions so you would need to rename them as ._xe  or something.  also, if there are any special instructions for installing or using them could you include those?

thanks,

Tim

Reliable Contributor
Message 20 of 22

sorry - copies of what?

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community