cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mcfee Endpoint Encryption / SafeBoot AutoIt3 Functions

Hi Everyone,

After searching around the McAfee Community and the AutoIt3 Forums, it would seem as though no one has released User Defined Functions for McAfee Endpoint Encryption, so I decided to write some (since I’d need them anyway). I've heard from a few folks that they're using AutoIt, so this may come in useful in the future. You know the drill, these are not supported (by myself, SafeBoot, McAfee, or anyone) and that that you should use them at your own risk.

For anyone unfamiliar with AutoIt, it's a very easy language to learn and your scripts get compiled into EXEs instead of VBS' that require a working engine like CSCRIPT or WSCRIPT to execute. You can find out more about AutoIt3 at http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/

I've setup functions that will register the COM, unregister the COM, connect to the database, disconnection from the database, and issue commands. I need to cleanup my sample code a bit to remove environment specific things and also to tidy it up a bit, but I will get some sample code posted.

Anyway, since we can't attach files here, I've posted the functions at the following site:
http://www.technicallychris.com/2009/03/11/mcafee-ee-safeboot-autoit-udfs/

Comments Welcome happy
8 Replies

Sample Code

Error checking/logging removed for space, but this shows how you'd use the UDF for AutoIt3 to issue a ForceSync in a script

#Include <_McAfeeEndpointEncryption.au3>

; Register COM
$regCom = _EEPCRegisterCOM()

; Connect to Database
$eeConnect = _EEPCConnect("installer", "mypassword", false)

; Execute Sync
$ret = _EEPCExecute($eeConnect, "ForceSync")

; Disconnect
$ret = _EEPCDisconnect($eeConnect)
HenryC
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 3 of 9

RE: Sample Code

autoIt... good idea! thanks

about register sb's dll... this will required sb client to be installed, right?

is any way that without install sb client to register the sbadmcom.dll? (our help desk users are using thin client... virtual pc farm is secured, there is no need to waste sb license on them...)
Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 9

just use a copy of a client directory - you can delete the graphics/locale directories if you want but most of what's left is needed.

S.
Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Message 5 of 9

oh, and as a note, forcesync does not need a connection to the database, it's one of the few commands which can be run locally.

getcryptstate and issyncinprogress are some others.

I also think you cheated on your XML assembly... just concatenating strings! The XML guru's will turn in their graves at your flagrant disregard for parsers! 😄

Simon.

I also think you cheated on your XML assembly... just concatenating strings! The XML guru's will turn in their graves at your flagrant disregard for parsers!

Well I didn't write the XML functions, I stole them (with proper permission and credit) grin

When I first started writing the AutoIt UDF I was writing my own XML parser and was trying to use the MSXML DLL to do it. When I got stumped at one point and search, I realized someone wrote the XMLDOMPARSER UDF and figured that would be easier. hehe.
Highlighted

Thanks for posting this Christopher. Very helpful stuff as always! happy

Started on some updates and added the ability to send commands without creating a database connection is in there now happy Thanks.

I've cleaned up my Map Users script and made it a bit more presentable. Comments invited 😄

http://www.technicallychris.com/2009/03/24/map-users-for-mcafee-endpoint-encrytion-safeboot-using-au...
More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community