cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

McAfee FRP decryption of files on a network drive

Hi, does anyone here has experience with decypting large amounts of data originally encrypted with ePO FRP location based policy. I currently try do decrypt some network folders using the original policy but with it's parameters changed to decrypt. So far I have been only partially successfull. Some folders are decrypted, others still are not. We are talking here about one policy affecting hundreds of GB of data. I assume decrypting this much files will take time, but does anyone know I way to monitor the progress of decryption, aside from arbitrary choosing folders to open and looking if the still have the encryption padlock on them? I find that inefficent and honestly having doubt if the decryption is making any progress. I would hope perhaps there is a logfile somewhere stating what file FRP has recently encrypted/decrypted.

Thank you in advance for providing any advice or you own observations of this process.

ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.