Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Member
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 5

McAfee Endpoint Encryption is not working in USB Hard drive

I installeed McAfee Endpoint Encryption for Files and Folders Removable Media (EEFF  RM) which is available in our office.

Without knowingly i installed this as weekly software update happen in our office.

I restart the PC and connected my 320 GB USB hard disk, a popup window asked me to encrypt the drive, by mistake i click ok and enter the password and reconfirm the password and click on the the Initialize button, with in few sec i stopped the Initialize.

I safely remove and USB hard disk and reconnect once again, again it asked for encrypt the drive i clicked ok and gave the password and start the initialize that time i saw only 1 MB file was initialised.

When i try to open the hard disk by entering the password i can see only the McAEEF.exe and Autorun.inf file only there is no other file.

is there a way how to view all my encryped files.

Please help me

4 Replies
SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: McAfee Endpoint Encryption is not working in USB Hard drive

Because you stopped the init process, they are probably in the user temp directory - all the data gets copied off the drive prior to init.

How much data was on the drive?

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 3 of 5

I have 280 GB data in my harddisk, nothing is visible now!!!

Which Temp folder you mean?

In my hard disk the total usage is showing 298 GB  and free space is 0MB like that....

So can you please suggest me how to recover all those data. each and everydata is very important for me.

Please please please help me

SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 5

the user Temp directory - the normal one.

If your disk is showing that it's full, then you can't be correct that there are only the exe and ini files on it - there must be other files. Have you tried running the exe to mount the secure virtual partition? What did your internal IT department say or do to help you so far?

Former Member
Not applicable
Message 5 of 5

Temp file dont have any info, other than autorun.ini & mcaee.exe no other file is visible in my hard disk....

You Deserve an Award
Don't forget, when your helpful posts earn a kudos or get accepted as a solution you can unlock perks and badges. Those aren't the only badges, either. How many can you collect? Click here to learn more.

Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
  • Learn How to Earn Badges
  • Ask for Help
Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
  • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
  • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
Join the Community
Join the Community