cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abseiso
Level 7
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 12

'McAfee Endpoint Encryption for Removable Media Standalone GUI has stopped working'

I'm getting the following error when trying to access my external harddrive: McAfee Endpoint Encryption for Removable Media Standalone GUI has stopped working. How do I get this working again so I can access my files?

11 Replies
Reliable Contributor selvan
Reliable Contributor
Message 2 of 12

Re: 'McAfee Endpoint Encryption for Removable Media Standalone GUI has stopped working'

Hi Amee,

Please confirm if you are using McAfee EndPoint Protection - a Business version of McAfee Product.

abseiso
Level 7
Message 3 of 12

Re: 'McAfee Endpoint Encryption for Removable Media Standalone GUI has stopped working'

I bought an external harddrive at Wal-Mart about 8 months ago to get some personal files off my work computer before leaving the company. The company I was with encrypted all USB ports. It's worked fine until yesterday. Is there a way to get the REmovable Media Standalone GUI to start working again?

Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 12

maybe try it on another machine?

abseiso
Level 7
Message 5 of 12

So here's everything I've done:

I ran a Chkdsk and this is what happened. I tried another computer and still getting the McAfee error message like in my original post.

Chkdsk Error Message.png

Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 12

did you chkdsk the EEFF volume, or the actual drive itself?

abseiso
Level 7
Message 7 of 12

I ran a chkdsk on the drive. How do I run one on EEFF?

Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 12

you should not, and don't need to.

I imagine that something you did yesturday corrupted the encrypted container. All I can suggest is you contact your old company and see if they will support you via their services contract with McAfee.

abseiso
Level 7
Message 9 of 12

Thanks!

I noticed others have posted the same issue and not getting help to correct it. Please help me with this. I have over 7 years of data/pics/videos on my external drive that I can't replace.

More McAfee Tools to Help You
  • Subscription Service Notification (SNS)
  • How-to: Endpoint Removal Tool
  • Support: Endpoint Security
  • eSupport: Policy Orchestrator
  • Community Help Hub

New to the forums or need help finding your way around the forums? There's a whole hub of community resources to help you.

• Find Forum FAQs
    • Learn How to Earn Badges
    • Ask for Help
    Go to Community Help

Join the Community

Thousands of customers use the McAfee Community for peer-to-peer and expert product support. Enjoy these benefits with a free membership:

• Get helpful solutions from McAfee experts.
    • Stay connected to product conversations that matter to you.
    • Participate in product groups led by McAfee employees.
    Join the Community
    Join the Community