cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
abseiso
Not applicable
Report Inappropriate Content
Message 1 of 12

'McAfee Endpoint Encryption for Removable Media Standalone GUI has stopped working'

I'm getting the following error when trying to access my external harddrive: McAfee Endpoint Encryption for Removable Media Standalone GUI has stopped working. How do I get this working again so I can access my files?

11 Replies
Moderator selvan
Message 2 of 12

Re: 'McAfee Endpoint Encryption for Removable Media Standalone GUI has stopped working'

Hi Amee,

Please confirm if you are using McAfee EndPoint Protection - a Business version of McAfee Product.

abseiso
Not applicable
Message 3 of 12

Re: 'McAfee Endpoint Encryption for Removable Media Standalone GUI has stopped working'

I bought an external harddrive at Wal-Mart about 8 months ago to get some personal files off my work computer before leaving the company. The company I was with encrypted all USB ports. It's worked fine until yesterday. Is there a way to get the REmovable Media Standalone GUI to start working again?

Reliable Contributor SafeBoot
Reliable Contributor
Message 4 of 12

maybe try it on another machine?

abseiso
Not applicable
Message 5 of 12

So here's everything I've done:

I ran a Chkdsk and this is what happened. I tried another computer and still getting the McAfee error message like in my original post.

Chkdsk Error Message.png

Reliable Contributor
Message 6 of 12

did you chkdsk the EEFF volume, or the actual drive itself?

abseiso
Not applicable
Message 7 of 12

I ran a chkdsk on the drive. How do I run one on EEFF?

Reliable Contributor
Message 8 of 12

you should not, and don't need to.

I imagine that something you did yesturday corrupted the encrypted container. All I can suggest is you contact your old company and see if they will support you via their services contract with McAfee.

abseiso
Not applicable
Message 9 of 12

Thanks!

abseiso
Not applicable
Message 10 of 12

I noticed others have posted the same issue and not getting help to correct it. Please help me with this. I have over 7 years of data/pics/videos on my external drive that I can't replace.

McAfee ePO Support Center Plug-in
Check out the new McAfee ePO Support Center. Simply access the ePO Software Manager and follow the instructions in the Product Guide for the most commonly used utilities, top known issues announcements, search the knowledgebase for product documentation, and server status and statistics – all from within ePO.